About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

First Day of School

First day of Preschool, take 2.  
This year it was much easier for Tate and I to get excited for preschool.  We were both much less anxious about it all.  We knew generally what his class routine was going to be like.  We'd met his teachers.  He has a couple of kids in his class this year who were in class with him last year.  And most importantly, for me, he was really excited to go.  
 Glenn stayed home that first morning because he wanted to come with us on his first day.  I hope this can be a tradition.  It was fun to be together to send him off.  Tate didn't hesitate even a bit at the classroom door.  He went across the room, found the cubby with his name on it, put his stuff away and started playing and meeting kids.  I'm so glad that he is a social little boy.  That he loves being around kids and is so sweet and friendly.  It makes the whole back-to-school process so much easier.
Tate has two new teachers this year, Ms. Tina and Ms. Katherine, and thus far I've been so impressed.  They seem wonderful and just right for Tate.  It's a pretty big class, but they seem to run it effortlessly.  I'm so impressed with preschool teachers.  It takes a degree of patience that I don't really understand.  I only have 2 little kiddos in my care every day and I am not perfectly patient with them.
 Little Finny sure misses Tate when he's at preschool.  The first day we dropped him off and all the way out to the car and all the way home he said, "Tate!  Oh Tate!" over and over in this mournful little voice.  He loves his big brother and even though we've dropped him off at preschool a few times now, he's still concerned for Tate every time we leave as if he's so worried he's gone for good.
 We are excited about this last year of preschool and although I'm dreading Kindergarten next year I know he will be so ready and excited about that next step too.  We love you little man.  Let's make this an amazing year!

4 comments:

Amy Mak said...

Soooooo darling! I can just hear the cute questions from the boy. Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

The Hansen's said...

Oh you sweet boy!! You are growing up too quickly. You look like such a grown up little man on your first day of school, and I'm so glad you are having a great time.

PS - Mommy... I love their little shoes! So cute!!

Meag said...

Oh my goodness those boys are handsome! Glad Tate's second-first-day went well :) Noah also started Pre-K a couple weeks ago, it's fantastic!!

Janelle said...

Tate! Oh Tate! I can just hear Finn saying that. Sweet boys.