About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Lately...


It's been a busy month and a half since New Hampshire.  Here are the highlights:
  • My mom and Kenzie moved in with us.  Dad is selling the house in AF and finishing some work and hopefully coming out sometime soon.  They have been an enormous help with the kiddos.  Watching them while I volunteer at Tate's school, do my Visiting Teaching by my lonesome, doctor's visits, date nights, grocery shopping... everything is easier with these two around.  AND as a HUGE bonus, my house has never been cleaner.  And as another huge bonus, we really like them both!  It's a win-win.
  • Tate just finished his Fall YMCA soccer season.  It was a bit better than the first.  He just doesn't have the competitive drive that some kiddos have, but he did much better at running after the ball and occasionally even kicking it!  And he had a lot of fun, which is key at the age of 4.
Favorite moments: Tate running down the field "blasting" his opponents with his star wars blaster (his fingers), humming the Star Wars theme while chasing down the ball, and my very favorite, watching him run past us toward the ball while saying to himself "Stay on target!  Stay on target!"
Glenn coached his little team this season.  It certainly wasn't as fun as coaching his youth lacrosse team, but I think it was really fun for Tate.
Listening intently to Coach Dad.

Finn was in heaven watching Tate play soccer.  He is going to be an animal when it's finally his turn to play.  Every Saturday when we would get him out of bed and tell him we were going to Tate's soccer game his response would be, "I wanna kick a goal!  I wanna kick a goal mama!"
 All in due time, little one.
  • We woke up to our first snow fall on October 4th.  It was beautiful and the boys were so excited. 


It's been pretty pleasant ever since...except when it hailed on Monday while Finn and I were out jogging.  We were about a mile from home when it started and we were soaked and freezing by the time we got to our corner where my sweet momma picked us up in the car.  Have I mentioned that it's so nice having them around?
  • We've hit up the zoo a couple of times recently.  Finn is getting to be more excited about the animals and is especially fond of the elephants.  Maybe it's just because it's one of the animals he knows how to say pretty well...but it's cute for whatever reason.  He loves everything big brother does and that includes looking at the animals through our toy binoculars.  It's pretty cute too.
  • We went to a farm on a field trip with Tate's school.  Glenn took the morning off of work since he was flying out that afternoon (next bullet) and came with us!  It was a fun and busy morning.  Feeding the animals and chasing the chickens were the obvious highlights of the trip. 

 The barrel train ride was pretty fun too.


  •  Glenn ran a marathon.  Yep.  I was pretty surprised too.  Not that he was physically able to do it, my man is a pretty tough guy, but that he had the desire to run that far in the first place.  He ran the Hartford, CT marathon last Saturday (the 12th) and did really well.  He wasn't even very sore afterward which is bizarre and just wrong.  Amy Makechnie ran with him and did great as well and his best buddy Dan spent the weekend with them cheering them on and shuttling Glenn to and from the airport.  Thanks Dan!  I'm glad he had great people to be there with him.  Wish I could have been there too.



I'm afraid he caught a bug.  A marathon running bug.  This is so strange for me to type.  I never pictured my man running A marathon let alone marathonS.  He's thinking about running one next month.  But even if he doesn't I'm sure there will be another next year...or possibly even sooner because he really enjoyed it.  Craziness.
That's about it.  We've been working on a few projects around the house which I will need to post about soon.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Way to go Glenn! Can't wait to hear about the house projects!

Amy Mak said...

"Stay on target, stay on target" - oh, that boy cracks me up! And sorry I never texted back...I meant too..had SO much fun with Glenn. Thank you for letting him come because I know it's next to impossible if you don't have the support. You are awesome. And I'm excited for this new hobby of his :)

Meag said...

Wow!! Y'all have been so busy! Will your parents & sister be there for quite a while? I'm sure the extra help is much appreciated! WAY TO GO, Glenn!!! So happy he accomplished his awesome goal :)

Janelle said...

At first I thought you wrote that YOU caught the marathon bug. I was impressed and bit surprised. But, with Glenn, nah, he can do it. Right?!?! He signed up for the half marathon like the week before without even training. Sheesh. Let's just stick to 5Ks. :)
Finn and Tate are so adorable. Can't wait to see you soon!

Krista Hegstrom said...

I'm finally reading your update! Lots of changes but it IS nice being by family for sure! I agree with that! Cute pictures!