About Us

About Us
Glenn and I have been married for ten spectacular years. We recently moved to Saudi Arabia, which is obviously very far away from both of our families. We keep this blog updated so we can stay close to our friends and fam and to keep a record of our family adventures. Glenn is enjoying his new job and I am loving being a stay-at-home mom. We have two sweet little boys, Tate and Finn and two darling twin baby girls, Taryn and Kenna. We love them to pieces. We also love date nights, good movies, good food, and being with each other.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Picture Tuesday, 11 weeks old

Last night Taryn and Kenna slept through the night for the first time!  We put them down to bed at about 9:30 and they slept all night long!  Glenn and I woke up at 6 this morning and they still slept while I got the boys dressed and eating breakfast and just as we were about to walk out the door to go to the bus stop at 6:30 they started crying.  It was amazing!  Now if only it wasn't a fluke!  And then of course I'm sure everything will be off again when we go to London (in 9 days!!), but today, we're just thrilled.
Taryn and Kenna have rolled over from their tummies to their backs a couple of times before this week but we weren't sure if it was on purpose or not.  This week though, they've both rolled over a couple of times in a row and more than once we've left the room with them on their tummies and come back in again to see both of their faces looking up at us.  It's very exciting.  They're getting so big so fast!
Yesterday was a hard twin day.  I haven't had many of those, really.  But yesterday it seemed like if they were awake one or both of them were crying, and they did not nap well yesterday so that meant a lot of crying.  They were both asleep for maybe 30 minutes at a time a couple of times and then one or both was awake again.  It was weird and unlike them but it was the first day that I've thought, "this is pretty hard."  They're almost too big for me to hold them both at the same time one on each shoulder.  Not because their bodies are really big but because they're getting stronger and trying to sit up and look around more but they're still kind of floppy about it and it takes both arms to keep one baby really steady.  Sometimes now when I am holding them both on my shoulders one of them will flail around and end up smacking her head against her sister's head and then they both cry.  It's gotta be so frustrating.  Since they both prefer to be held upright on my shoulder it's getting difficult to comfort them both if they're both crying.  Yesterday if I picked Kenna up and calmed her down then Taryn would cry and then I'd put Kenna down and pick up Taryn and once I put Kenna down she'd start to cry again.  It was nuts.  Thankfully days like yesterday do not happen very often.  Cause wow.
Most of the time they are just the sweetest, smiling, cooing little babies and I just feel so lucky to be their mamma.  Love my twinner babies.
Here are Kenna and Taryn, 11 weeks old.  I was trying to take their pictures outside to get some nice light but it was crazy windy today and the girls hated it...so we get these silly faces.  And yet they're still pretty stinkin' adorable.


1 comment:

Janelle said...

I still can't believe you have twins. And GIRLS! Such cute Easter dresses and such girly smiles and bows. Love!
I hope their squirminess gets easier. And I hope it was just a passing thing like gas or a full moon that made them cry all day. Good luck, mama. And I'll cross my fingers that sleeping through the night was NOT a fluke! Love you!